There is one big positive arising from the onslaught of the Covid-19 pandemic. People benefited immensely from online grocery shopping platforms like Instacart. It functioned 24×7 and brought food to the plates of millions of customers. Instacart has been a perfect alternative for shoppers due to the current lockdown imposed on provision stores and supermarkets.
The American platform is worth a whopping $39 billion. It also raised $264 million in funds from several venture capitalists at the start of 2021. This fresh financial support helped the Instacart clone app to expand its business operations across Canada and the USA quickly.
Why Instacart is also called the perfect online supermarket?
Shoppers can purchase alcohol, beauty care items, bakery goods, beverages, dairy products, fresh produce, frozen food, fruits, household essentials, meat, office supplies, pet care products, seafood, and vegetables instantly on an app like Instacart.
Customers can opt for contactless deliveries and curbside pick-up to get their groceries securely. Overall, Instacart serves a whopping 5500 cities in North America selling more than 500 million products of 55,000 stores.
How is Instacart becoming the hub for selling plant-based products?
- Shoppers have become more conscious of their diet and health post the Covid-19 pandemic. Hence, they are buying a huge number of plant-based meat and milk products from the Instacart clone platform.
- It will be a promising trend in the long run as people transform their lifestyle and eat light at-home meals to maintain their fitness. The highest-selling plant-based products on the Instacart online grocery app are almond butter, almond milk, avocados, coconut milk, dairy-free yogurt, grill-based faux meat, iceberg lettuce, jackfruit, sardines, and soy milk.
- More than 33% of customers who purchase plant-based items from Instacart are in the age group of 30 to 39. These organic food lovers reside in cities like Atlanta, Los Angeles, Orlando, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle, Southwest Florida, and Tampa.
How is Instacart moving ahead of its competitors in the market?
- Instacart is offering on-demand delivery of meat – to customers in partnership with ButcherBox, a popular beef subscription platform. Users can order grass-finished beef, organic chicken, seafood, and pork directly from the online platform. Neatly-packed meat boxes will be delivered to the customer’s households through FedEx or third-party delivery services.
- The American online grocery delivery platform started – offering 30-minute Priority fulfilment services to 15 cities in the USA. It opened several automatic fulfilment centres (FCs) across America to deal with the high demand from shoppers.
- Instacart has pledged a humongous $1 million in funds – for brands owned by dark-skinned individuals. Hence, businesses that sell Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) can earn more revenue by attracting their target audience through well-placed online advertisements. Brands selling on Instacart clone will get an exclusive monthly training program and 24×7 technical support from a designated team.
- Instacart has helped Organic Garage, a retailer – to serve 2.11 million customers – in Canada since their productive partnership in January 2020. Organic Garage also recently acquired The Future of Cheese, an acclaimed plant-based food company.
Customers can purchase flyer merchandise or on-shelf organic products sold by Organic Garage at economical prices from the Instacart platform. Importantly, the Toronto-based company will easily increase its sale of healthy and natural products via the deal with Instacart.
Entrepreneurs aiming to become the king of the online grocery industry can create an awesome app like Instacart by hiring a competent app development company. Skilled developers create easy-to-use Android and iOS apps for customers, delivery personnel, and retailers.
Moreover, an advanced admin dashboard assists in monitoring the day-to-day business activities efficiently. Besides that, a modern web panel processes orders from customers quickly.
What are the key elements of the Instacart Clone App?
Instacart Ads – Retailers enhance their total sales by placing ads in the right position to impress customers. Grocery sellers benefit from a better brand image, higher growth, and an increase in conversion rates. Retailers can improve their impact and performance in the long run by accessing analytical reports. They will maximize their Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS) when customers click and order products from their store listed on Instacart.
Instacart Express – It is available both as a monthly and yearly subscription plan. Shoppers benefit from free and unlimited grocery deliveries. Trained executives fulfil the orders in just a few hours. Customers also get exciting discounts and lower prices. Moreover, they can cancel their Instacart Express membership anytime, according to their convenience.
Gift Cards – Existing users of an app like Instacart can share valuable gift cards with their family members and friends through email. The gift cardholders get immediate delivery of groceries from nearby local stores. If the bill amount exceeds the value of the card, customers will pay the remaining money by syncing their credit cards or debit cards. Corporate companies can also purchase precious gift cards and reward employees for their contribution to the organization.
Live tracking of orders – Shoppers can track the movement of their grocery orders on a real-time basis by turning on the GPS in their devices. Our Instacart clone shares the latest updates regarding the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) of the delivery executives.
CCPA and COPPA Compliant – Our Instacart clone app completely follows the guidelines and rules mentioned in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), 2018 and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), 1998. Therefore, we assure protection of data and a high level of security for shoppers.
Acceptance of several payment methods – Customers can process transactions instantly on our app like Instacart. They execute payments via Apple Pay, credit cards, debit cards, Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), Google Pay, net banking, and UnionPay. Nevertheless, retailers boost their cash flow by receiving payments from shoppers promptly without any delay.
A Rating and Review System – Customers rate the quality of groceries purchased from the Instacart clone on a scale of 1-5. Shoppers can also share comments and feedback about the professionalism of the delivery executives.
Availability of 24×7 technical support – Users resolve issues related to order processing, payment execution, refunds, and replacements by contacting the integrated Help Centre. Round-the-clock technical assistance is offered through email, live chat, and phone.
What is the budget for Instacart Clone App Development?
The total expenditure for creating an app like Instacart depends on numerous facets. It relies on the kind of basic and premium features, hourly or weekly charges paid to the developers, selection of frameworks/ technologies for development, the time devoted, and third-party API integration.
Furthermore, entrepreneurs have to spend on availing services such as fixing bugs and vulnerabilities, maintenance, software updates, and technical assistance.
Instacart has taken full control over the online grocery ordering and delivery market in Canada and the USA. It is planning to replace its army of delivery personnel with state-of-the-art robots in the coming months. Importantly, these automated robots will help in quick pick-up and delivery of boxes and cans. This innovative measure will reduce operating costs for the Instacart platform in both small grocery shops and standalone stores.
Standalone centres will execute a whopping 3500 orders per day worth 100,000 grocery products. 700 robots and 160 employees will be functioning in each Standalone store. The total investment will be worth $20 million along with additional annual maintenance expenses of $380,000.
Another option that Instacart is looking at is to set up a 25000 sq-foot store attached to their grocery retail partners. 150 robots and 40 workers will process around 700 orders a day with a sale of 22,000 groceries. This investment will cost $6.5 million with a yearly maintenance charge of $270,000.
Above all, Instacart will play a crucial role in modernizing the $1.4 trillion American online grocery market. Robots will assist in decreasing the overall commission, delivery fees, tips paid to full-time and part-time delivery executives.
Instacart is also targeting a lucrative Initial Public Offering (IPO) at the end of 2021. This will help in swift expansion to other markets beyond North America.
Hence, entrepreneurs can use the bright prospects in the e-grocery industry and get an impressive Instacart clone app made by a superior app development company. This will ensure that they can become the trendsetter in the digital grocery ordering and delivery market.