This article has brought information about yoga to overcome depression, which can be included in your daily routine and could keep you depression-free. Here we have brought such Pranayama Yoga Poses for you, which are not only easy to do but can eradicate depression.
How does Pranayama Yoga help with depression?
When you do pranayama yoga, you pay attention to your body. It makes you feel whole and connected to yourself. Yoga provides support, consolation, and the ability to live in the current moment.
This unique benefit of yoga connects your mind and body together, which helps us fight depression. Pranayama yoga gives you so many benefits without any side effects.
Yoga is one of the best ways to soothe your mood and keep depression away. Yoga increases the blood circulation of the brain and enables the production of mood-enhancing hormones.
The practice of yoga has no adverse side effects, making it a better choice than other medications for depression. Here we have mentioned some yoga poses to fight depression. To notice the important changes and get better results, you should try this pranayama yoga for at least 12 weeks.
What causes depression?
Nowadays everyone is so busy with work that it has become difficult for them to take time even for themselves. Due to which both physical and mental problems have started increasing, as result, this trouble makes a person a victim of depression early. Every person has some problems in his life and this continuing behavior of thoughts makes you ill.
Due to this, all those people are depressed and gradually leave these troubles behind and move forward, and some people dominate these troubles so much or do not get rid of them, due to which a person develops much psychosis begin to happen. They are always restless and unstable, and they gradually go into depression.
Initially, the person himself does not know that he is in the grip of depression, or what problem he is facing. Depression in psychology is understood to be related to the miseries associated with feelings of the mind. It is considered a disease or syndrome.
It can also be dangerous if it is not treated at the right time. Apart from this, taking treatment at the right time of depression has also been seen in relieving it within a few weeks.
Yoga for Depression
In such a situation, the best and easiest way to get rid of depression is to do yoga. Yoga for Depression In this article, you will find out which are the Yoga asanas, which can help you in getting relief from this problem.
What are Pranayama Yoga Poses for Depression
- Balasana Yoga (Child Pose)
- Halasana Yoga (Plow Pose)
- Shavasan Yoga (Corpse Pose)
Let’s go through these yoga poses thoroughly-
1. Balasana Yoga (Child Pose) for Depession-
Balasan helps calm your brain and relieve depression and anxiety. It spreads your lower back and hips slowly, which gives your body a rest. So that peace and just peace in your body start dominating your whole existence so that you can better deal with your depression. So let’s know how to do Balasan Yoga for depression.
How to do Balasana (Child Pose) Yoga for Depression
- Sit on your yoga mat to perform Balasana posture.
- Sit down on your knees in Vajrasana. In this posture, place your hands on the thighs.
- Keep both knees of your feet affixed to each other or at a short distance and keep the waist perfectly straight.
- Now take a breath, raise both hands directly above the head. Do not add palms.
- Now lean forward while exhaling.
- Tilt forward so your palms touch the ground.
- Now move the head to the ground.
- Now the pose you are in is Balasana’s pose, now let the whole body relax and then take a deep breath and release it.
- Fingers of both hands join tightly. You have to support them by placing your head in their midst.
- Now keep the head slowly between the two palms and keep your breath normal.
- Now you can remain in Balasana posture for 1 to 5 minutes.
- To get out of this asana, first, bring your palms under the shoulder and slowly raise your upper body and return to the previous position and breathe comfortably. Perform all these actions comfortably.
2. Halasana Yoga (Plow Pose) For Depression
Halasana reduces the strain on your back and increases your posture. It calms your brain. Stimulates the thyroid gland, which improves your mood and energy levels. So let’s know how to do Halasana yoga for depression.
How to do Halasana Yoga (Plow Pose) for depression
- First, lay a yoga mat in a clean environment and lie down on it.
- Keep your arms adjacent to the body and keep it on the ground beside you.
- Keep the direction of the palms of the hands towards the ground below.
- Breathing in, raise the legs up to 90 degrees.
- If there is difficulty in lifting the legs, you can support the waist with your hands.
- Make sure that the feet are not bent.
- Breathe in slowly and exhale slowly and make sure that your balance is correct.
- Now while exhaling slowly, keeping the legs straight, slowly move backward through the head.
- In this position, try to touch the ground with the toe.
- Now remove your hands from the waist and keep them straight on the ground.
- The direction of the palms of the hands will be towards the ground below.
- Keep breathing at a normal pace and try to remain in the halasana yoga posture as much as possible.
- After staying in this posture for some time, breathe back and slowly come back to the initial state.
- You can do this yoga asana 3 to 5 times according to your ability.
3. Shavasan Yoga (Corpse Pose) for depression
Shavasana rejuvenates you and helps in relaxing your body. It also reduces blood pressure and helps in reducing Vata dosha. So let’s know how to do Shavasan Yoga for depression.
How to do Savasana Yoga (Corpse Pose) for depression
- In Shavasan Yoga, just lying down is done. Lay a chair or mat and lie on your back. Keep a small pillow under your neck if needed. Close your eyes
- Keep both hands at least 4-5 inches away from the body.
- Relax your legs, keeping a short distance between the two legs. The fingers of both feet should be opposite to each other.
- Place the palms towards the sky and place your hands with the body but do not touch your body.
- Slowly focus your attention on every part of the body and relax your entire body, and leave the whole body loose.
- Close your eyes Now take a little breath. Take slow and deep breaths and enjoy each breath. Do not pay attention to the excitement, haste, or anything that arises in your mind. Just be with your body and mind. Dedicate your whole body to the earth and relax. Keep in mind that while doing this asana, you do not get sleep.
- Now focus all your attention on your breath.
- Remain in this position for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Then when you feel full, you can slowly open your eyes.
- Now get up and sit down with the help of your right hand.
- Focus on breathing at the end of this pose. Start moving your hands and toes lightly, then rotate your butt. Now raise your hands up and give your entire body a splash or stretching, and slowly get up and sit down with a slap.
Although, there are also so many yoga asanas that can help you to fight against depression. If you keep a desire to learn more about yoga poses, you can join yoga teacher training to go in-depth about yoga poses.