If you don’t know about the Netgear Genie, then let’s start with a little brief about it. So the Netgear genie smart setup wizard is an interface of Netgear which helps you in their extender installation. You can use the setup wizard through the web browser of your laptop or computer.
But you need to have a high-speed internet connection on your device to use the setup wizard. And after finishing the installation process, you can connect your new extended network to enjoy the fast internet connectivity in your home.
Once you connect to your extender’s network, the Netgear genie smart setup page will automatically appear on opening the web browser. However, sometimes the page may fail to load. Thus nothing would appear automatically on opening the web browser.
So in such a scenario, you may have to access the setup wizard page on your own. And to do so, search for the URL mywifiext.net web address in your browser’s search bar. Thus do not worry if the setup page does not appear automatically. There is always a way out. But be cautious while entering the URL, as wrong URL input can also lead to some issues. And once you are certain that you are using the correct URL, hit the enter key to open the setup page. The page will automatically take you to the setup wizard page.
Now once you land on the setup wizard page, you need to follow the following steps to perform the setup:
- Foremost, connect your device to the Netgear_Ext Wireless network.
- So next, the genie will show you the list of existing WiFi networks present in its range.
- And from this network list, you need to select your network name and then hit the Continue button to move further.
- If your network’s wireless security function is enabled, you could be asked to enter the password.
- Now, if you have a dual-band router, we suggest you select the 5GHz WiFi network and then tap on the Continue button.
- Once the extender starts connecting to the router, you will be asked to change the extender’s WiFi settings.
- But you can skip this option by selecting the Continue button if you don’t want to change the settings.
- Then a new screen may appear. And if it appears, your PC has been automatically disconnected from the wireless network.
- Now you need to cross-check the settings and make sure that they are correct.
- Then again, connect your device to your extender’s network.
- And lastly, shut the genie setup page by selecting the Finish button.
So all the steps mentioned above will certainly help you in completing the setup. But in case you experience any kind of issue, please read the following section to find the solutions.
As there is no major difference between the two names, many times, users get confused. However, Netgear Genie and Netgear Genie Smart Setup are not the same at all.
The Netgear genie is an app that can manage your wireless networks. On the other hand, the Genie smart setup wizard is used to set up the extender efficiently.
So particularly, the Netgear genie app can help you control, monitor, and handle your office or home wireless network. You can download the app on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. The app is very easy to use. And you can operate your network and customize your SSID even if you are not tech-savvy with the help of the app.
In case you are using a Windows 10 device, you can easily watch movies, videos, and music on the internet. The app also allows you to operate parental controls, diagnose and fix network problems.
And along with this, you can also do the following task using the app:
- It allows you to analyze how fast your device can download any website’s content.
- It enables you to perform speed tests for your ISP broadband network.
- You can also change the parental control settings using your home screen.
- It allows you to use the network app to view how many devices are linked and operating on your network.
- You can even create guest networks for your family and friends.
- You can see and change the router’s wireless settings.
- And lastly, you can operate different tools such as DNS Lookup, Traceroute, Ping, and computer profiles.
So if you don’t have the Netgear Genie app but are using a Windows 10 device, we suggest you download it now.
What should you do if you are experiencing an issue with the Netgear Genie Smart Wizard app?
Firstly, you should not worry if you can’t get access to your Netgear Genie Smart Wizard. This issue often occurs but can be fixed easily.
Now you need to do the following troubleshooting to fix this issue:
- Foremost, make sure that you are using an active WiFi network technology.
- Then delete all the cookies, cache, and temporary files of your browser.
- Also, make sure that your computer’s internet connection is turned on.
- Try another web browser, as sometimes some particular web browsers create issues.
- Also, try to reboot your extender or router.
- Make sure that you are using the latest firmware version of your router or extender. As sometimes, outdated firmware versions also create issues.
- And if these troubleshooting steps don’t work, then lastly, you have to reset the extender to its default settings.