We often get tired of spending a lot of time cooking in the kitchen. That is why many kitchen appliances have been made to make our task easier. Because of these appliances, grinding, roasting, grilling, baking, etc. have become fun for us. We can prepare our food in seconds without spending much energy.
A microwave oven is one of these advanced kitchen appliances. It is an electric oven that cooks or heats food items by exposing them to electromagnetic radiation. It is used for baking, roasting, grilling, and reheating food items. Microwave ovens are ideal for making various food items such as pizza, cake, pastries, kebabs, chicken grills, muffins, and many more.
Advantages of Using A Microwave Oven
If you are thinking that a microwave oven can be used for only baking and grilling then you are probably wrong. It can also re hydrate stale bread, toast nuts and spices, reheat frozen foods and do a lot more.
We are listing some important benefits of using a Microwave Oven. These are as follows:-
- Using a microwave oven is comparatively less risky. Unlike other heating methods, it keeps itself cool while heating food and hence present less risk of burns when used. Even children can use it very easily without any fear of burning.
- A Microwave Oven is very convenient to use. Its safe containers let you prepare fantastic meals in a fraction of time.
- The formation of tars and char can be eliminated by using a microwave oven for cooking. As it is an enclosed container, It doesn’t produce smoke or steam like stoves or flames.
- It heats and cooks faster than other methods and saves a lot of time. Because of less preparation time, it also does a better job to preserve nutrients in vegetables and other food items while cooking.
- You can easily make cakes at your home on any special day like birthday parties, anniversaries and other occasions. If you are a pizza lover, then It’s a great appliance for you. You can enjoy different pizzas without going anywhere and spending a lot on them.
- A microwave oven uses less energy in comparison to conventional ovens or stoves. It is because it directly heats up the water inside the food item. On a stove top, the heat transfer from burner to food kept in your utensil depends on the quality and type of your cookware but in a microwave oven, you can adjust and control the power you use while cooking.
- You can take control over time and temperature while cooking your food. It will automatically turn off as soon as cooking is done. So you can work freely without worrying about leaving it unattended.
- You can also set the temperature precisely in a microwave oven and can take more control over food preparation.
- There is no need to preheat the microwave oven like other traditional ovens. It will start cooking as soon as the power is turned on.
Important Features Of A Microwave Oven
Before buying a microwave oven, you should know all the features to choose the right one. As there are many brands like Samsung, IFB, Bajaj, LG, etc. in the market which provide microwaves of different designs and features. These appliances come in a wide range of capacities and sizes. So it’s very important to know what features should be considered to choose a budget-friendly microwave oven.
Some important features of a microwave are the following:-
1. Smart Display
It is one of the very important features of an oven. It helps you to monitor the cooking process in the oven. You don’t need to check the dish frequently inside the oven, you can easily monitor it through a smart display without opening the oven.
2. Gourmet Wave System
The gourmet wave system technology refers to the even distribution of heat inside the oven. It helps in faster and better cooking and also retains nutrients in the food. This technology saves your time and energy as well.
3. Interior Part
You should choose a microwave oven having stainless steel as the interior part. Stainless steel improves the circulation of microwaves in the oven and provides an excellent cooking experience.
4. Touch Control
The smooth touch control of a microwave lets you control the power, temperature, heat, and other factors. It allows simple and clear touch-control operation of the microwave oven.
Interlock is also an important feature of a microwave. It ensures that the microwave oven will not run if it is not perfectly locked. Most ovens consist of two or more interlocks because if one lock fails, the backup lock will work. It is really important for safety measures.
Now, you are aware of all the benefits of having a microwave oven at home. So what are you waiting for??
Look at your requirements and bring a microwave oven to your home. This super valuable device will increase your productivity by saving your time and energy. It will make your baking and grilling process fun. You will definitely enjoy cooking with this fast and reliable appliance.